$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s tennis plays in ITA Northeast Regional Championship

CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN

The Ithaca College women’s tennis team had three members participate in the ITA Northeast Regional Championship Sept. 24–26 at Hobart-William Smith Tennis Center in Geneva, New York. The Bombers had one competitor advance to the Round of 16.

Senior Haley Kusak, sophomore Caroline Dunn and freshman Brianna Ruback competed for the Bombers.  

Dunn started the day defeating Nazareth College sophomore Allison Friends 6–2, 7–5. However, she lost to Hamilton College sophomore Lyndsay Jadow 6–1, 6–1 in the round of 32. next round.

Ruback brought home two victories for the Bombers, as she netted a 6–2, 6–2 win over SUNY Geneseo junior Anika Pornpitaksuk, and a hard fought 7–5, 6–4 win over Skidmore College freshman Jessica Ampel. She lost to SUNY Brockport freshman Sarah Mensah 7–5, 6–1.

Kusak was the only Bomber to advance to play in Round of 16 Sept. 25. She defeated The College of New Jersey sophomore Alyssa Baldi 6–0, 6–2 in the Round of 32. Kusak then moved on to compete against fourth seeded Vassar College junior Kate Christensen. Kusak fell to Christensen 6–3, 6–1.

Kusak and Dunn competed in doubles for the Bombers. The pair latched an 8–6 first round victory over William Smith senior Hannah More and junior Michaelann Denton, but couldn’t carry over the momentum in the next round. Kusak and Dunn fell to The College of New Jersey Baldi and senior Anna Prestera in the Round of 16.

The women’s next match will be against Empire 8 rival Hartwick College at 4 p.m. Sept. 28  in Oneonta, New York.

$1520
$2000