$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Ithaca College men’s soccer team soars past Elmira College

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY AVERI PARECE

The Ithaca College men’s soccer team defeated the Elmira College Soaring Eagles 4–2 Oct. 8 at College Field in Elmira, New York.

With the win, the Bombers improve to 5–6–0 overall and 3–1–0 in Empire 8 play this season. With the loss, the Soaring Eagles fall to 4–6–1 and 1–3–0 in Empire 8 play this season.

The Bombers got off to a quick start, as senior midfielder and forward Sam Boylan fired one past Elmira junior goalie Haruka Okamoto in the sixth minute to make it 1–0. Two minutes later, sophomore forward Alex Brosnihan, assisted by sophomore midfielder Zach Lichtman, scored to double the Bombers lead.

In the 40th minute, Boylan scored his second goal of the day, making it 3–0. The Soaring Eagles would get one back in the 56th minute, when junior forward Donte Donegal, assisted by senior forward Kevin Kanakan, beat Ithaca senior goalie Zach Jacobsen to make it a two goal game.

The Soaring Eagles made it a one goal game in the 72nd minute when Elmira junior midfielder Tony Barraco scored. In the 80th minute, Brosnihan scored his second goal of the game to seal the win for the Bombers

Jacobsen made three saves, all of them coming in the first half while Okamoto made four saves in the match.

The Bombers will play again at 4 p.m. Oct. 12 at Carp Wood Field against SUNY Oneonta.

$1520
$2000