$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

IC women’s tennis team finishes regular season undefeated

CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN

The Ithaca College women’s tennis team completed its perfect regular season Oct. 8 with a 8–0 win over St. John Fisher College at Cornell’s Reis Tennis Center.

Senior Haley Kusak defeated St. John Fisher junior Sarah Sorrentino 6–0, 6–0. In the second singles match of the day, Bombers freshman Brianna Ruback beat St. John Fisher sophomore Katey Padden, again in straight sets, by a score of 6–0, 6–0. Bombers sophomore Caroline Dunn beat Cardinals freshman Taylor Slink in third singles for the Bombers third consecutive match in straight sets 6–4,6–2.

Senior Jodi Grosberg defeated Cardinals senior Olivia Rotondo 6–2,6–1. Bombers sophomore Kathryn Shaffer continued the straight sets trend, when she took down Cardinals sophomore Caroline Seaberg by a score of 6–1,6–0. In the final singles match of the day, Bombers senior Maddie Overholt took care of business in straight sets over St. John Fisher senior Eileen Flemming 6–1,6–0.

In the first doubles match, Bombers Kusak and Dunn took down St.John Fisher Sorrentino and Padden by a score of 8–1.

Bombers Ruback and sophomore Taylor Ginestro defeated Cardinals duo Rotondo and Slink by a score of 8–2. In the last doubles match of the day, the Bombers sent out Shaffer and Overholt, who finished St. John Fisher off with a 8–1 win over Seaberg and junior Amanda Pendergast.

This match concluded the regular season for the Bombers. They finished with a 8–0 record and will compete in the Empire 8 Championships Oct 15–16 in Houghton, New York.

$1520
$2000