$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

IC men’s basketball team wins two games in Cortaca Classic

Junior+guard+Tyler+Lemza+prepares+to+take+a+free+throw+shot+Nov.+18+against+St.+Josephs+College+in+Ben+Light+Gymnasium.+
CONNOR LANGE/THE ITHACAN
Junior guard Tyler Lemza prepares to take a free throw shot Nov. 18 against St. Joseph’s College in Ben Light Gymnasium.

The Ithaca College men’s basketball team defeated St. Joseph’s College and SUNY Purchase in the Cortaca Classic on Nov. 18–19. The Bombers currently hold a record of 2–1 for the season.

On Nov. 18, the Bombers earned a 111–73 win over the SUNY Brockport Golden Eagles. The Bombers were able to control the game from the start. The Bombers outscored the Golden Eagles 54–36 in the first half and 57–37 in the second. The Golden Eagles did not hold a lead during the entire game.

Sophomore forward Peter Ezema led the team in scoring with 18 points in the win. Junior guard and team captain Marc Chasin was close behind with 17 points. Junior guard Joey Flanagan and freshman forward Gabe Perez-Ronchetta scored 15 and 14 points. St. Joseph’s freshman forward Isaiah Moore led the team in scoring with 19 points. Thirteen different players scored for the Blue and Gold and all sixteen team members played.

On Nov. 19, the Bombers earned a 95–93 victory over SUNY Purchase. The Panthers had control of the game early on, but the Bombers tied the scored 8–8 five minutes into the game. The lead went back and forth for the rest of the half, until, with just over one minute remaining, the Bombers made a 7–0 run to take a 47–40 lead at halftime.

The Bombers maintained their lead in the second half, stretching it to 14 points. The Panthers did gain ground however, and got within one point of the Bombers multiple times towrads the end of the second half.

With 29 seconds remaining, the Panthers tied the game 93–93. With just three seconds left on the clock, Chasin scored and gave the Bombers a 95–93 win.

The Bombers will play at 4 p.m. Nov. 22 against Skidmore College in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1520
$2000