$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Wrestling places first at New Standard Corporation Invite

PHOTO ILLUSTRATION BY FERNANDO FERRAZ

The Ithaca College wrestlers took on a stacked field at the New Standard Corporation Invitational on Dec. 3. The Bombers placed first overall, with a score of 149.5. 

First up on the mat for the Bombers was 149-pound freshman Sam Schneider who took down senior Danny Downes of Roger Williams University in the championship round. Via a decision, Schneider won 11–5.

Next to the mat was 165-pound junior Nick Velez who took the Bombers first loss of the day to senior Alec Golner of Roger Williams University by a score of 8–3. Velez would come in second in his weight division.

Sophomore Ferdinand Mase competed in the 125–pound bout. He defeated York College sophomore Dylan Nuttall 4–2 via sudden victory. Mase then lost 3–2 against Johnson and Wales’ junior Bobby Jordan.

In the 141-pound bracket, senior Nick Wahba got the Bombers back in the win column after defeating junior Justin Cochran of Roger Williams University 6–5.

Sophomore Anthony Fano finished sixth overall in the 157-pound bracket. In the 184-pound match, sophomore Jake Ashcraft took the decision win against Rogers Williams senior Joe Albina 4-3.

In the 285-pound match, Bombers sophomore Jake O’Brien defeated Gabe Mahaney of Baldwin Wallace by a score of 2–1. O’Brien then lost 7–3 against senior Zach Roseberry of Delaware Valley.

The Bombers will compete next against Rochester Institute of Technology at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 in the Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1520
$2000