$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

IC women’s basketball blows out Wells College Express

CAITIE IHRIG/THE ITHACAN
Junior guard Erin Woop dribbles past Wells College sophomore guard Julia Smith in the Bombers win Dec. 6.

The Ithaca College women’s basketball team dominated with a 88–46 victory over the Wells College Express in a non-conference game Dec. 6 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers improved to 2–0 with home games this season, following a win against the William Smith Herons on Nov. 19.

The Blue and Gold dictated the game from the tip-off, as they raced out to a 24–15 lead by the end of the first quarter. The Bombers never relinquished the lead and continued to expand the gap by making it a 44–22 game at the end of the half, and a 63–32  lead by the end of the third quarter.  

Head coach Dan Raymond said the Bombers played well, but need to focus on playing their game.  

“For the most part, I was pleased with some of the things I saw out on the floor. The thing that we kept telling them and harping them on about was that you’ve got to play every possession to win it – don’t play the scoreboard, play the opponent,” Raymond said.  

Senior forward Erin Ferguson had a big day for the Blue and Gold, after tallying a doubledouble by chipping in 17 points and 10 rebounds. She had four steals, two assists and two blocks in 21 minutes of work.  

Raymond said Ferguson has stepped up her game, which has allowed her teammates to rely on her more.

Erin Ferguson has played really well, as of late,” Raymond said. “The great thing, too, is that her teammates are recognizing that, so they are giving her opportunities, and the thing that they know about her is that she’s such an intelligent player. She makes great decisions with the ball and she’s not going to force anything.”

Ferguson said she was happy about the way the game played out.  

“I think we had a strong game,” Ferguson said. “We took care of business early, and then after halftime, we just had to execute and get better, work on ourselves.”

Freshman forward Cassidy O’Malley also led the way for the Blue and Gold, after accumulating 16 points, three rebounds, three assists, two steals and one block in 18 minutes of play time.  

The Bombers were ahead of Wells College in every major category. Ithaca outrebounded Wells 45–32, and shot more efficiently with a field goal percentage of 48.6 compared to Wells College’s 30.4. In addition to a 34.8 percent 3–point percent, the Express only had 11.1 percent.  

The Bombers return to action at 2 p.m. Dec. 10 in Rochester, New York, when they take on the nationallyranked University of Rochester Yellow Jackets.  

$1520
$2000