$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Saying goodbye

After serving Ithaca College for four decades, associate politics professor Marty Brownstein will retire at the end of this year. With his retirement, the college will bid farewell to one of its most respected and well-loved faculty members.

Brownstein offered many courses throughout his career and focused on creating an environment where students led the classroom experience. Outside of class, Brownstein always responded to student queries and requests, setting a strong example of how student-faculty relationships can positively affect a student’s learning experience at the college.

Brownstein was also responsible for essentially reviving the Model United Nations team at the college after beginning his adviser position in 1983. Brownstein has taken the team from a club to family, leaving large shoes for the next adviser to fill.

Brownstein will leave Ithaca once he retires, but his legacy remains within the bonds he’s developed with department colleagues and community members.

Brownstein has seen the college through renovations and leadership changes; he is a walking history of the college legacy. The Ithacan wishes Brownstein well in his postretirement life and thanks him for his devotion and contributions to the college.

$1520
$2000