$1620
$2000

$1620
$2000

The Game

I just had an epiphany. It is a few years too late, but still worth noting.

In high school when I wanted something, I played a game with my mom.

“Hey can I go out tonight?”

“Sure,” (for the record, the process from asking to go out and getting the go ahead was more complicated.)

“What about, like, sleep out, maybe?”

“No.”

“Okay, but can I sleep out?”

“No.”

“That’s fair, but I want to.”

The fact that she strait up said no multiple times didn’t faze me. It was expected; minor speed bumps in the argument as a whole.

It’s crazy the game we play with our parents to get things.

“Mom will you pay for my hair cut? Just a reminder that you paid for Leah’s last year,” I’ll ask. Leah is my older sister.

“You mean when I paid for her to get a hair cut before her college graduation?”

“Oh, that was the occasion? Well yes, then, that time. You paid for it, so can you pay for mine?”

This happens every time I want a hair cute, or some money or anything that my sister might have ever gotten. My mom despises when I compare stuff to how my sister was treated at my age, but I find it fairly clutch evidence for my claims.

Sorry to all the moms out there who have to deal with us refusing to accept no as an answer. At least I made the realization today how annoying it is. For the record, I’m not going to stop, but I’m sure it makes you feel better that I acknowledge it now.

$1620
$2000