$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Women’s Soccer: South Hill squad takes down NCAA Tournament host Ohio Northern

After beating Illinois-Wesleyan University on Saturday, the women’s soccer team defeated the no. 22 Ohio Northern University Polar Bears 1-0 in the regional finals yesterday.

The Polar Bears controlled the tempo of the first half, outshooting the South Hill squad by a lopsided 11-1 margin. But the Bombers’ aggressive play to open the second half led to the only goal of the game. Sophomore forward Ellyn Grant-Keane prevented Ohio Northern’s defenders from clearing the ball, then dished it to junior forward Rachael Palladino on a breakaway, who scored in the 57th minute to give the Bombers a 1-0 advantage.

The goal marked the second consecutive game the two players have connected for the game-winning goal. Junior goalkeeper Becca Salant stopped eight shots in the shutout.

The Blue and Gold will host no. 3 Trinity University, who is unbeaten on the season through 22 games, in the sectional semifinals at 11 a.m. Friday on Carp Wood Field.

$1520
$2000