$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Drinking black water

Black water. Together, these two words don’t exactly make most people feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It kind of freaks you out. Water is supposed to be colorless! Dark water is probably an indicator that it is dirty. Muddy. Something gross.

I was Tumbling on Tumblr the other day (as I often do) and came across a picture of this bottle of water. And let me just say I’m a sucker for nice packaging, and this is one sexy looking bottle of water. The bottle says “BLK” in a classy sans serif font. It’s a very sleek design, the white text popping against the black water. Even cooler: When you drink it, black text appears underneath the name of the product, which reads “Enjoy the dark side of water.” Clever.

So, why is the water black? According to their website, blkbeverages.com, BLK water is simply spring water colored naturally by fulvic acid. The water is mined from a 70 million year old source of Canadian spring water. And since fulvic acid helps with the “fast absorption of over 77 different trace minerals and elements, powerful electrolytes, antioxidants, and free radical scavengers,” what’s not to like?

I would definitely try this water. Yeah, it kind of freaks me out. But as long as it didn’t taste drastically different from normal water, I’d be OK with it. Plus, how sick would it be to walk around drinking a bottle of black liquid? Street cred, folks. Obviously we all know that’s my main concern in life.

I look forward to seeing black bottles more often around campus. Apparently they sell this stuff at Wegmans.

Healthy water that is black? This world is insane.

$1520
$2000