$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Weekend preview: Spring sports begin competition

CAITIE IHRIG/THE ITHACAN
Senior forward Shayna Gaskins plays Jan. 28 in Ben Light Gymnasium. The Bombers will play Hartwick College at 8 p.m. Feb. 24.

This weekend, both winter and spring sports will be in action.

The women’s basketball team will compete in the Empire 8 Championships against Hartwick College at 8 p.m. Feb. 24. If they win, they will advance to the title game Feb. 25.

Members of the Ithaca College women’s swimming and diving team will compete in NCAA Diving Regionals on Feb. 24–25 in the Athletics and Events Center.

The baseball team begins its season in Norfolk, Virginia, with three games this weekend. On Feb. 25, the team has a double-header against SUNY Brockport at 11 a.m. and Virginia Wesleyan College at 2:30 p.m. Its weekend continues with a game at 10 a.m. Feb. 26 against Virginia Wesleyan College.

The wrestling team travels to Bristol, Rhode Island, for the NCAA Regionals this weekend. The Bombers will go into this event with an eight-match winning streak.

The women’s lacrosse team will open its season at home at 3 p.m. Feb. 25 against Skidmore College. The Bombers went 14–6 last season and lost in the second round of the NCAA Championships.

The men’s and women’s track and field teams travel Feb. 24 and 25 to Canton, New York, for the NYSCTC Championships. Competition begins at 10 a.m. both days.

The men’s tennis team continues its season at 11 a.m. on Feb. 25 at home. The South Hill squad is looking to bounce back from a loss to the University of Rochester last weekend.

The women’s tennis team returns to action at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at home against St. Lawrence University. This is the team’s first match since its win against Stevens Institute of Technology on Oct. 15.

The gymnastics team will host its only meet of the season at 1 p.m. Feb. 26 against SUNY Brockport, Rhode Island College and Ursinus College in Ben Light Gymnasium.

• Wrestling: Away for NCAA regionals in Bristol, Rhode Island
  • Baseball: 11 a.m. Feb. 25 against SUNY Brockport, 2:30 p.m. Feb. 25 against Virginia Wesleyan College and 10 a.m. Feb. 26 against Virginia Wesleyan College
  • Women’s baksetball: 8 p.m. Feb. 24 against Hartwick College
  • Women’s swimming and diving: Feb. 24–25 at NCAA Diving Regionals in the Athletics and Events Center
  • Women’s lacrosse: 1 p.m. Feb. 25 against Skidmore College at Higgins Stadium
  • Track and Field: Feb. 24–25 at the NYSCTC Championships in Canton, New York
  •  Gymnastics: 1 p.m. Feb. 26 against SUNY Brockport, Rhode Island College and Ursinus College in Ben Light Gymnasium.
  • Men’s and Women’s Tennis: Feb. 25 against St. Lawrence University at home, men at 11 a.m. and women at 2:30 p.m.
  • Women’s lacrosse: 3 p.m. Feb. 25 against Skidmore College
$1495
$2000