$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

College appoints new director of career services

Fernando Ferraz/The Ithacan
In an Intercom post, the college announced that Curry’s hiring concluded a nationwide search that began in June 2021. Curry will assume the role Oct. 19.

Ithaca College has appointed Dave Curry as the new director of career services within the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Life on Sept. 14. 

According to the announcement, Laurie Koehler, vice president for Marketing and Enrollment Strategy, chaired the search and worked with committee members Stacia Zabusky, senior associate dean for Curriculum and Undergraduate Programs in the School of Humanities and Sciences; Hierald Osorto, executive director for Student Equity and Belonging & Religious & Spiritual Life; Ed Catto, instructor in the department of Management; Gretchen Van Valen, director of Alumni and Family Engagement and Jordan Stecker ’21 to identify finalists from a pool of candidates. 

Curry graduated with a Bachelor’s in Administration of Justice from the University of Pittsburgh in 2004, while he completed a Master of Education in Middle and Secondary Instruction from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 2010, the announcement said. Curry holds an Instructional Certification from Edinboro, as well as Administrative Principal and Vocational Director Certifications from Temple University.

“The opportunity to serve as the director of Career Services for Ithaca College is a tremendous honor,” Curry said in the announcement. “I have always been very passionate about helping students identify their strengths and interests and working with them to see what career and lifestyle would be the best fit. To be able to do this as a part of such a special community is something that my family and I are incredibly excited about.”

$1495
$2000