$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Ithaca College announces new dean of the School of Business

Courtesy of IC News
Michael Johnson-Cramer has been appointed as the new dean of the Ithaca College School of Business and will succeed Alka Bramhandkar, professor in the Department of Finance and International Business, who has been serving as interim dean of the School of Business since 2020.

Michael Johnson-Cramer has been appointed as the new dean of the Ithaca College School of Business and will begin his new position at the college July 1, 2022.

In a May 24 Intercom Post, Melanie Stein, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs, announced that Johnson-Cramer will succeed Alka Bramhandkar, professor in the Department of Finance and International Business, who has been serving as interim dean of the School of Business since 2020.

Currently, Johnson-Cramer is a professor of management at Bentley University in Waltham, Massachusetts. In the 2019–20 academic year, he served as dean of business and dean of the McCallum Graduate School of Business at Bentley. Johnson-Cramer has also worked as a faculty member, founding director of the School of Management, associate dean of faculty for the College of Arts and Sciences, and interim dean of the Freeman College of Management at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania.

In the post, Stein praised the search committee for its work in finding a strong pool of candidates. 

“In seeking a dean for the School of Business, we were determined to find someone who would be a hands-on, inspirational and collaborative leader for the school’s academic, teaching and research enterprise, interested in the holistic development of our students and with an unwavering and proven commitment to the values of diversity, equity and inclusion,” the post stated. 

The School of Business is the first of three schools to finalize its search for a new dean. Searches for deans for the School of Music and the Roy H. Park School of Communications are still ongoing. 

$1495
$2000