$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Athletics department initiates string of new hires

Molly Bailot/The Ithacan
Following the resignation Erienne Roberts and Chris Hayes ’16, Ithaca College announced the hirings of Tyler Heisey and Tom Rishcoff on June 13 and 15, respectively.

Following the May 2 departure of Erienne Roberts, deputy director of athletics and senior woman administrator, and Chris Hayes ’16, men’s and women’s tennis head coach on May 12, Ithaca College announced the hirings of Tyler Heisey and Tom Rishcoff on June 13 and 15, respectively.

Heisey will be filling Roberts’ role as the associate director of athletics for NCAA compliance and will begin his duties at the start of the 2023–24 academic year July 10. Susan Bassett ’79, associate vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics, said Heisey will serve as a valuable asset to the college’s athletics department.

“Tyler has experience as a student-athlete and coach at peer Division III institutions,” Bassett said in the statement. “He has a passion for excellence, which along with his experience in finance, promotions and fundraising, prepare him to contribute in multiple ways to our comprehensive athletics department. I am excited to have him join our athletics leadership team.” 

Heisey’s expertise lies in fundraising and management after spending the last year at Susquehanna University as the associate director of annual fundraising for athletics. There, he piloted individual fundraising plans for all 23 varsity athletics teams and the athletic training department.

With the Bombers, Heisey said he looks forward to supporting the college’s student-athletes and helping to better their experience in collegiate athletics on and off the field.

“Ithaca College offers a tradition of competitive excellence both academically and athletically,” Heisey said in the statement. “There is a commitment to providing a well-rounded educational experience to student-athletes that is supported across campus. I am honored to be a Bomber and share in that commitment.”

In addition to Heisey’s hiring, Rishcoff will join the Bombers as the new head coach for the men’s and women’s tennis programs following a season of assistant coaching at Middlebury College.

Bassett said Rishcoff’s experience coaching multiple impressive programs will serve the Bombers well as they head into the 2023–24 season.

“Coach Rishcoff comes with significant experience in top Division III tennis programs at selective academic institutions,” Bassett said in the statement. “I have every confidence that he will lead our tennis teams to nextlevel success in the competitive Liberty League conference.”

Rishcoff’s time at Middlebury College — where he led the Panthers to their sixth-straight NCAA semifinal appearance — does not mark his only experience in the prestigious New England Small Collegiate Athletic Conference, as he also spent two seasons with the Continentals of Hamilton College from 2020–22.

Rishcoff said he is thrilled to bring his decorated resume to the college this fall and looks forward to working with both programs toward continued success in the Liberty League.

“Ithaca College has a rich tradition of success in athletics as well as academics,” Rishcoff said in the statement. “With great enthusiasm, I look forward to joining this esteemed institution and leading a talented group of student-athletes towards new heights on and off the court.”

$1495
$2000