$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Suspicious person seen near campus in early hours of Sept. 25

File Photo

In the early morning of Sept. 25, an individual was seen heading north on the 200 block of Coddington Road holding a knife and looking into the windows of vehicles. 

The witnesses reported this to Ithaca College’s Office of Public Safety later in the afternoon Sept. 25 and described the individual as a male in his twenties, 5’ 7” to 5’ 10” with brown curly hair and some facial hair. The suspect was also seen wearing gray sweatpants with a red or orange hooded sweatshirt. The witnesses reported the individual did not threaten anyone. 

The college sent out an alert at 7:20 p.m. Sept. 25, notifying the campus community. The alert also mentioned the ongoing thefts from vehicles on and near campus that the campus community was first notified of Sept. 12

“While it is undetermined at this time if there is any connection to this incident, we want to remind the community to be diligent, lock your vehicle doors, secure your belongings, and keep valuables out of sight,” the alert said.

Public Safety encourages anyone who has information related to this incident or the thefts to contact the Tompkins County Sheriff’s Office at 607-272-2444. If an individual matching the description of the suspect is seen on the college’s campus, call Public Safety at 607-274-3333 or activate a blue-light telephone. If the suspect is seen off campus, call 911. 

The message also linked to Public Safety’s webpage on safety tips and reminders.

Google maps image of the back entrance of Ithaca College’s Campus near Coddington Road where the suspect was seen.