$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

College announces director for new position of government, community and constituent relations

Younger+previously+worked+at+the+college+as+the+executive+director+for+government+and+community+relations+and+is+back+in+a+new+role.+
File Photo/The Ithacan
Younger previously worked at the college as the executive director for government and community relations and is back in a new role.

In a Jan. 16 email sent to the Ithaca College community, the Office of the President announced that Paula Younger will serve as the executive director of government, community and constituent relations, which is a new position at the college. 

In the position, Younger will develop relationships at local, state and national levels of government. Younger will also work to build partnerships between the college and community constituents of Ithaca. 

Younger previously served as the executive director for government and community relations at the college from 2018 to 2020 and has been a lecturer and executive-in-residence in the Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy at Cornell University since 2021. President La Jerne Cornish said in the email she is excited for Younger to return to the college. 

“She brings a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to our leadership team from her many years of service in the government, education, and nonprofit sectors,” Cornish said in the email.

Younger worked as deputy county administrator for Tompkins County from 2006 to 2018, serving over 100,000 residents and assisting in overseeing 27 departments in the county. Over her 30-year career, Younger has worked with federal and state agencies, community-based organizations and higher education institutions. 

Younger received a master’s degree in human services administration from Springfield College and a bachelor’s degree in communication disorders from Hampton University. Younger is also engaged with the community of Ithaca. She served on the board of trustees of Kendal at Ithaca and as vice chair of the board of directors of Cayuga Health System. Younger is a current member of the Tompkins Cortland Community College Foundation board of directors and serves as the chair of its board development committee. 

The email did not specify when Younger will be starting her position at the college.