$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Public Safety Alert issued for reported burglaries and criminal trespasses

File Photo

In an email sent to the campus community late Jan. 22, a Public Safety Alert was issued notifying the campus about reported burglaries and criminal trespasses that the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management are currently investigating.

Two residence hall burglaries took place between December 2023 and Jan. 22 in Terrace 3 and Terrace 7, according to the email. Two cases of criminal trespassing were reported to Public Safety in Garden Apartments and Lyon Hall, but no property was stolen.

No suspects have been identified as of now.

“Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our campus community, and we believe that timely and transparent communication is crucial in ensuring everyone remains vigilant and takes necessary precautions,” the email stated.

Individuals who might have any information about these incidents have been urged to reach out to Public Safety in the email. Individuals can call Public Safety at 607-274-3333 if they experience similar incidents.

“Members of the campus community are reminded to store valuables in a secure area, always lock their offices, rooms, and apartments, and immediately report any unusual or suspicious activity to the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management or local law enforcement agency,” the email stated.