$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Board of Trustees to elect new Chair and Vice Chair in February

Makai Yllanes
President La Jerne Cornish will be traveling to Los Angeles for the Ithaca College Board of Trustees meeting Feb. 7 where the new Chair and Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees will be announced.

During Ithaca College’s Faculty Council Jan. 23 meeting, President La Jerne Cornish said the new Chair and Vice Chair of the college’s Board of Trustees will be announced at the Feb. 7 Board of Trustees meeting in Los Angeles.

Feb. 7 is the upcoming winter meeting for the Board of Trustees; this meeting occurs every winter and spring. The next spring meeting is scheduled for May 16–18 in Ithaca. Cornish also announced that the Board of Trustees will have a presentation on artificial intelligence. 

“In our fall meeting we talked about AI specifically, but now we are broadening the scope, and we’re really excited about the presentation,” Cornish said.  

Cornish said she will have her team send out an update about what happened at the meeting when she returns to Ithaca from L.A

After Cornish’s announcement, the faculty council went into executive session for the remainder of the time where they ran a workshop meeting, according to the agenda. The meeting workshopped feedback from the draft of Procedures for formal reviewin groups based on school.