$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

College announces new vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life

Courtesy of Ithaca College
Stanley Bazile, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students at St. Francis College in Brooklyn, will work to provide leadership and strategic direction to professional staff and student employees to enhance student engagement, leadership and success.

President La Jerne Cornish announced April 4 that Stanley Bazile will be the new vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life at Ithaca College and will join the college June 10.

Bazile will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction to professional staff and student employees to enhance student engagement, leadership and success.

Bazile will also support the development of curricular and co-curricular community partnerships and activities as well as collaborate with the Provost Melanie Stein, along with Kirra Franzese, associate vice president and chief human resources officer, to increase the college’s goals of equity, inclusion and belonging.

Bazile has worked as a higher education scholar-practitioner for 25 years and has experience working at CUNY-Lehman College, CUNY-Kingsborough Community College, St. John’s University, Cumberland County College and Penn State University. He served as a doctoral fellow at the University of California at Berkeley and graduated from executive leadership programs at Harvard University and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.

While at St. Francis, Bazile accomplished creating ways to effectively respond and anticipate student and campus demands, closing the achievement gap between minority and non-marginalized student populations. He helped St. Francis return to a state of normalcy after 17 months of remote learning during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. 

“I consider a truly effective student-centered organization to be one that recognizes an individual’s life journey, acknowledges the realities of a student’s daily routine and the current state of the world, and then places that collection of experiences and situations into the context of the college community,” Bazile said in an IC News post. 

Bazile received a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Social Work from Stony Brook University and a Ph.D. in educational leadership from Penn State. He will be the successor of Bonnie Prunty, who has served as vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life for the past two years. Prunty has served the college since 1988 and will be retiring at the conclusion of Spring 2024, according to the email from President Cornish. 

Prunty said in an email to The Ithacan that she was pleased to know Bazile will be joining the college as vice president for Student Affairs and Campus Life and will help the college continue to accomplish many things in the future. 

“I am confident that he has the experience necessary to lead the division to even greater success in creating engaging and positive student experiences for all IC students,” Prunty said via email. “It has been my honor and privilege to work with our students and many amazing colleagues at Ithaca College for the past 36 years.”