$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Inaugural dean of School of Music, Theatre, and Dance announces departure from IC

Courtesy of University of Memphis
Anne Hogan, dean of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, will be leaving at the end of the academic year and taking up the role of Dean of the College of Performing Arts at Chapman University in Southern California.

Anne Hogan, dean of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, announced her departure from Ithaca College in an email sent to the campus community on April 8. Hogan was the first dean of the unified School of MTD.

Hogan said in the email that she will be leaving at the end of the academic year and taking up the role of Dean of the College of Performing Arts at Chapman University in Southern California.

“It has truly been an honor to serve as the inaugural dean of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance at Ithaca College, and to witness the talent, team spirit, and commitment to ensuring an inspiring and transformative learning community that makes MTD so special,” Hogan said in the email.

Melanie Stein, provost and vice president for academic affairs, said in an email that associate deans Steve TenEyck and Louis Loubriel will be serving as interim deans for the school.

“I am grateful for the vision and energy Anne has brought to Ithaca College,” Stein said in the announcement. “As the inaugural dean, she has set our newest school up for success. Her collaborative spirit and enthusiasm for the arts have helped the school accomplish so much in these early years.”

Stein said the college will launch a national search for a permanent dean of the school in Fall 2024.