$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Campus Climate Survey results released with Key Findings Report, presentations to follow April 16

File Photo
The results of the report concluded that undergraduate students with no disability or a single disability; who identify as men or women; who were not first-generation students; and who were white had a higher sense of belonging at the college than students with multiple disabilities, who identify on the transgender spectrum and are first-gen students. 

The Campus Climate Committee co-chairs released the results of the Campus Climate Survey in an email sent to the campus community April 16. 

According to the results of the survey that was completed in Fall 2023, 69% of the 1,987 people who responded reported feeling very comfortable or comfortable with the climate of the college, while 12% reported feeling uncomfortable or very uncomfortable. There are more than 6,200 people — staff, faculty and students — at the college. 

The campus community will have two opportunities to hear from Rankin Climate — a company that assesses institutional climate and specifically works with the college’s working committee — about the results in depth April 25. The Key Findings Report will be explained from 12:10–1:05 p.m. in Emerson Suites and a livestream will be available as well. The full recording can be found on the climate report’s website. The presentation will also be offered at 4–5:15 p.m. in Textor 102 in person only. 

Each presentation will feature a Q&A session with the representatives and those in attendance. Questions can be submitted through the Presentations Question Form, which will close at 11:59 p.m. April 19. Campus community members can get access to a hard copy version of the Key Findings Report by contacting [email protected]

Non-tenure eligible and temporary faculty; white faculty; and faculty with no disabilities reported having a higher sense of belonging than tenured and tenure-eligible faculty; faculty of color; and faculty with multiple disabilities.   

The committee’s co-chairs — Belisa González, dean of Faculty Equity, Inclusion and Belonging; Luca Maurer, executive director for Student Equity, Inclusion and Belonging; and Judith Pena-Shaff, professor and chair, Department of Psychology — made up part of the Ithaca Climate Study Working Group, along with 13 faculty and staff members and three students.