$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Men’s basketball ends road trip with loss to Nazareth

After rattling off two straight wins, the Bombers dropped their eighth contest of the season 98–78 to Nazareth College Jan. 30.

Much of the Blue and Gold’s offense came from two sources, as freshman guard Peter Ezema and sophomore guard Joey Flanagan accounted for 54 of the team’s 78 points.

They were the only Bombers to record double-digit scores on the day, as Flanagan dropped 25, including a perfect six-for-six at the free-throw line. Ezema added 17 rebounds to his 29 points to record his ninth double-double of the season.

It was a rough shooting day for the South Hill squad, as the squad went 26 out of 66 from the floor and two out of 11 from the 3-point line, a season low. Sophomore guard Marc Chasin also posted a career-low two points, converting just one of five shots. Chasin remains the third-top scorer in the Empire 8 Conference despite the quiet night, averaging 19.6 points per game.

The Golden Flyers were paced offensively by sophomore guard Tyler Stenglein and senior forward Mitch Ford, who each had 23 points to lead their team to victory. Ford is the Empire 8’s top-scorer this season, averaging nearly 24 points per game.

After being on the road for six-straight games, the Bombers are set for hosting duties as St. John Fisher College pays a visit to the South Hill on Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. in Ben Light Gymnasium.

$1520
$2000