$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Even the SAT’s like Jersey Shore

And I thought the SAT’s were hard when I took them back in the day (hey, who remembers the “old SAT’s”?) Anyway, now it’s just gotten crazier. On Saturday, as high school students across the nation broke out their number 2 pencils, a writing prompt actually asked students to give their opinion on reality television

One of the questions was: “How authentic can these shows be when producers design challenges for the participants and then editors alter filmed scenes?”

OK, contrary to popular belief, not all young adults are obsessed with reality television. I’ve seen very little of The Jersey Shore and I still have never seen that show about the Kardashians. But maybe that’s just me.

So, I asked my youngest brother who is currently a sophomore in high school and just took the PSAT’s what he thought. I was curious as to how much reality television his jock friends and he watch. His answer: “Sometimes Gram makes me watch American Idol with her.” (yes, he is pretty much the cutest and sweetest boy ever but anyway). And he said very little of his friends watch reality tv (though his girlfriend does watch the Kardashians).

Granted, the writing prompt is just to see how well students can write. aka, a student can bs his answer. But that’s not really the point. The fact is that the SAT’s, which is used to “judge” students on their intelligence and is still heavily weighed for college admissions, had a pretty dumb essay prompt.

$1495
$2000