$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Get it together, Pa.

Like every true Pennsylvanian, I considered going to one of our big state schools for college. So, when I heard about our new republican governor’s proposal to cut state school spending by 50 percent, I was furious. And embarrassed that Gov. Tom Corbett would even suggest such a proposal.

This is going to heavily affect 14 state schools in Pa., especially Penn State University. The proposed budget cut would be the most severe funding cut in Penn State’s 157-year history.

“A reduction of this magnitude would necessitate massive budget cuts, layoffs and tuition increases, with a devastating effect on many students, employees and their families,” said Al Horvath, senior vice president for Finance and Business at Penn State said in a press release.

Budget cuts, tuition increases … aren’t those sacrifices you hear about at private colleges? One of the many perks of attending a state school is the lower tuition compared to private colleges. But without state funding, colleges are going to have no choice but to hike tuition (and we all know how I feel about that).

Seriously, what the heck is up with the higher education system these days??

$1375
$2000