$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

OK now this is just getting ridiculous

By this point, I’m pretty much resigned to the current spate of Division I conference realignments. The Mountain West, Conference USA, the Big 12, which actually has 10 teams right now but will probably lose one team and add at least one more, the Big 10, which now has 12 teams, the ACC…the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on.

But can we all at least agree that the Big East is just plain getting ridiculous. They might add Navy, at least in football. But despite being located in Maryland, the Big East has seemingly been less interested in attracting Navy than it has another service academy, Air Force, located in…Colorado. They’ve also been linked to Boise State (Idaho), SMU (Dallas) and TCU (Fort Worth, Texas), or at least they were interested in TCU until the Big 12 swooped in.

Bear in mind too that the basketball version of the Big 12 already includes teams in Wisconsin (Marquette), Indiana (Notre Dame) and Chicago (DePaul). The Big East is certainly big, no denying that. But could they at least have the decency to drop the “East” from their name?

$1495
$2000