$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Seeing the Reality of TV

The one thing I’ve always been able to rely on is ruining my life. Television, the heart and soul of my existence, is giving me unrealistic expectations of life. Relationships, both romantic and platonic, are supposed to go a certain way (perfectly). When they don’t, I’m at a loss for how to react. I also always rush things, whether it’s projects or getting to know someone, because TV naturally does that to fit a story line into 22 minutes. Plus in rushing, I create images in my mind of situations, which in the end are grotesques of the truth.

Do I stop watching TV in order to give myself a bit of perspective? Never. One positive thing years of TV has taught me is to never cheat on the one consistent relationship you have.

So what do I need to do? I need to change my life so that I can continue watching TV but not suffer the negative consequences. Or find some media outlets that portrays life realistically. this includes but is not limited to friendships getting in real fights, people making real, stupid mistakes–that aren’t resolved by the end of the episode– and relationships not working out. Any suggestions?

$1495
$2000