$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

#TheDress Mystery = Solved

Image taken from http://swiked.tumblr.com/post/112073818575/guys-please-help-me-is-this-dress-white-and
The controversial picture of #TheDress

For the last few days, I have been drinking water, taking medicine, and feeling absolutely sick. Therefore, I took a much-needed break from social media and the Internet as a whole. It was only a couple of days, so I just assumed that I would miss the basics: Kanye said something dumb again, more celebrities argued over Twitter, a new One Direction breakup rumor surfaced. However, I come back to my home away from home to find that some dress has completely destroyed the Internet.

Currently, there is a debate as to whether the dress pictured above is #blackandblue or #whiteandgold. The picture went viral after Tumblr user “Swiked” posted it online and has trended number one worldwide on Twitter. And with this silly debate, the store “Roman Originals” located in Birmingham is making tons of money and gaining plenty of publicity. I mean, Ellen Degeneres herself has ordered the dress with express shipping, so it can appear on her talk show early next week. And if that isn’t enough, every celebrity and my grandmother has weighed in on Twitter about what they see.

Personally, I see the dress as “black and blue.” I really do. For a second, I did manage to see it as white and gold, but it quickly went back to what I perceive as normal. So, since we are in such a debate about the dress and no one seems to agree, let’s talk about the things that we do agree on.

1. It’s just a dress. Yes, this should be an obvious one, but I would like to send this friendly reminder out to all of you. Please do not take this debate too seriously. This, like many other things that happen on the Internet, is a “just for fun” type situation and will die down in a few days. Yes, some of you may find this annoying, but take a chill pill and let it go. (On the real, the Frozen Fever trailer was beautiful. So excited!)
  2. Kim Kardashian West should be sad. Kudos to her for convincing Kanye not to get a face tattoo. However, she tried to “break the Internet” by taking her clothes off and failed. Meanwhile, an article of clothing managed to accomplish just that. Sucks to suck.
  3. Demi Lovato SHOULD be mad. In the midst of this debate, Demetria decided to tweet, “Wow. We now live in a world where not only can anyone become famous, but ANYTHING can too…” I guess that I can see why she would be upset. I mean, the dress is more of a hit than her last album. Even then, it’s not cute to be jealous. Use your 140 characters more productively.
  4. The dress isn’t even cute. This I cannot stress enough. The dress is actually kind of ugly. And the fact that someone wore it to a wedding makes me legitimately sad. I mean, awesome if you wanted the bride to look extra beautiful by comparison, but that doesn’t mean that you have to dress like you’re completely basic.

Whether the dress is blue and black or white and gold, who really cares at the end of the day? It’s just a silly, ugly dress that happened to go viral. Besides, I’m sure that there are better uses of our time. However, the real lesson here is that the Internet is a very powerful entity and should be acknowledged as such. Yes, this time, it may have been an article of clothing, but, if used correctly, the Internet can change the world, as we know it. Just you wait and see.

$1375
$2000