$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Kristy’s Corner: This Super Bowl will be perfect

Normally, the word “perfect” is reserved for describing a wedding, a Sunday morning omelet or the $55,000 view of Cayuga Lake above the fountains. But Sunday’s Super Bowl between the Denver Broncos and the Seattle Seahawks is going to be perfect.

I know that perfect isn’t a word to just throw around. Yes, I realize the halftime show is billed as “Bruno Mars and Red Hot Chili Peppers” instead of “Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars.” I know most tickets cost more than $1,000, making the event more of a corporate showcase than a celebration of sport.

But the Broncos have scored an average of 10 more points per game than any other NFL team this season, while the Seahawks have given up fewer points per game than any other team. Something has to give.

My house of nine cavemen has an arduous time deciding what toppings to order on a pizza. However, the other day, we all agreed this is the Super Bowl matchup we all want to watch.

And, come on, it is going to be at wintery Metlife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., this year. The outdoor game produces more of an old-school vibe, which is rare and perfect for an event that brings in more than $1 billion in revenues.

We haven’t even gotten to the players yet, as some of the superstars to play the games will be there. Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is legendary and has set records at his position. On the other side of the ball, there is Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who has potential to do the same thing as Manning at his position. It’s the perfect matchup between offense and defense.

Not only is it Manning against the “Legion of Boom,” but Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch may get pelted with celebratory Skittles if he scores. Denver cornerback Champ Bailey will attempt to cap off a Hall of Fame career with a Super Bowl ring.

Even if you’re just interested in the pageantry, Denver’s orange and blues and Seattle’s matte navy helmets and neon green–highlighted jerseys will make for a fresh-looking game, perfect for the reluctant viewer.

But let’s not forget Seahawks fullback Derrick Coleman, who is deaf. Now given a national stage, he has been hand-writing letters to children with hearing aids. That alone is more meaningful than any of the previously mentioned points.

In 2013, 108 million people watched the Super Bowl, enough to be the No. 12 largest country in the world. This game is a massive event, and on Sunday, it may be perfect.

$1260
$2000