•  

October 20, 2017   |   Ithaca, NY

Life & Culture

Cayuga Sound Festival brings array of music styles to Ithaca

The Cayuga Sound Festival was held Sept. 23 at Stewart Park. The festival was curated by X Ambassadors, an alt-rock band and Ithaca native. The event featured acts like The Roots, Tei Shi and the members of X Ambassadors themselves. Read more about the event here.

Look out later this week for a video of the event.

TC Milan, frontman of Crush Club, falls to his knees during the band's set. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN Despite the unusual heat, fans still came out to hear the 13 bands play over the course of about 10 hours. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN X Ambassadors, led by Sam Harris, open their set with their hit song "Jungle." ELIAS OLSEN/THE ITHACAN K. Flay sings to the crowd during the Cayuga Sound Festival. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN Many attendees had their faces painted, like 6-year-olds Brooke and Briella Bennison. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN Savoir Adore member Lauren Zettler dances on stage during the festival. ELIAS OLSEN/THE ITHACAN Black Thought performs with The Roots, which he has been a member of since 1987. ELIAS OLSEN/THE ITHACAN Sam Harris stripped down during the X Ambassadors set. MATT MALONEY/THE ITHACAN Much like junior Elise Littlefield, many people came decked out in colorful outfits and patterns. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN Sammus, similar to X Ambassadors, is a well-known artist from Ithaca. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN
<
>
Despite the unusual heat, fans still came out to hear the 13 bands play over the course of about 10 hours. SAM FULLER/THE ITHACAN