$1260
$2000

$1260
$2000

Review: Singles for the week 4/12

Hot & Heavy Lyrics Lucy Dacus | Home Video - Genius-LyricsHot and Heavy 

Lucy Dacus 

Release date: April 13

Record label: Matador Records

Soft voiced Lucy Dacus’ new track “Hot and Heavy” is a beautiful balance between delicate vocals and energetic guitar. The lyrics invoke a painful nostalgia while Dacus’ pretty harmonies soothe the listeners’ ears with a pleasing, lush sound. 

Lord Huron – Long Lost Lyrics | Genius LyricsLong Lost

Lord Huron 

Release date: April 16

Record label: Whispering Pine Studies Inc, Republic Records

Lord Huron enters the track with a charging force, producing a robust sound of elegant strings, blissful guitar and steady percussion. “Long Lost” is the group’s third single released in anticipation of its upcoming album of the same name. The track is an ode to the beauty of nature where its protagonist enters the wilderness to heal.

Purge the Poison - WikipediaPurge The Poison

MARINA 

Release date: April 14

Record label: Atlantic Recording Corporation

Your 2013 Tumblr era favorite is back with her latest track, “Purge The Poison.” The track sees MARINA, of the former Marina and The Diamonds, flexing her unique vocals and clever, snarky lyricism. “Purge The Poison” is complete with nods to COVID-19, quarantine and pop culture moments in history.

Sabotage by Bebe RexhaSabotage 

Bebe Rexha

Release date: April 16

Record label: Warner Records

Bebe Rexha has given listeners the opportunity to hear her jarring, nasally voice before, so when she says, “Sabotage,” she might as well be speaking in career terms. Although Rexha has her moments in the track with a few delicate, well-executed high notes, she deflates its potential with the aggressive, coarse sounds of her belting.

$1260
$2000