$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Comic book convention returns to Ithaca for 46th year

ANA GAVILANES
Ithacon 46 was held at Ithaca College on April 22 and 23, featuring comic books for sale, fans, artists and cosplayers.

Since 1976, the Comic Book Club of Ithaca has been organizing Ithacon, a local comic book-centered convention. With the exception of 2020, Ithacon has been running annually for members of the Ithaca community to attend and participate in the activities. The 46th convention was held over the course of two days, April 22 and 23, across Phillips, Egbert, Williams and Textor Halls. Local Ithaca fans and members of the campus community gathered together to enjoy the events and atmosphere.

Gabrielle Kronstad poses at their station with miniature figures during Ithacon 46 in Emerson Suites. ANA GAVILANES/THE ITHACAN
From left, Jamal Igle, the artist of the Molly Danger comic book series, answers questions with moderator Bob Harrison at a panel. JADYN DAVIS/THE ITHACAN
Caytlyn Brooke, author of the Skyglass series, signs a book for a fan. GRACE VANDERVEER/THE ITHACAN
Bill Anderson, a comic book artist, talks about his drawings with convention-goers at his station. JADYN DAVIS/THE ITHACAN
Actor and author J. G. Hertzler, who starred as Klingon General Martok in the television show “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” poses next to a poster at Ithacon. JADYN DAVIS/THE ITHACAN
Artist Brett Putnam draws a caricature sketch for guests at their station. ANA GAVILANES/THE ITHACAN
R2-D2 was in attendance with other members of the 501st Legion, a worldwide costuming organization. GRACE VANDERVEER/THE ITHACAN
Hart Seely, publisher of Ahoy Comics, presents a variety of the company’s comic books to eager attendees. GRACE VANDERVEER/THE ITHACAN
From left, John Cartin and senior Gabriela Cohen fist bump each other at the end of the cosplay runway showcase in Emerson Suites. JADYN DAVIS/THE ITHACAN

$1495
$2000