$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Burglary reported at Ithaca College off-campus location

File Photo/The Ithacan
The campus community was informed of the incident at 10:49 a.m. Oct. 16 via an email from the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management (OPS). According to the email, the Ithaca Police Department (IPD) is investigating the burglary with support from the OPS. It was reported that someone broke into the building, stole a television and fell asleep in the building.

A burglary occurred between 2 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. Oct. 16 at the Ithaca College Physician Assistant Studies instructional site located off-campus on The Commons.

The campus community was informed of the incident at 10:49 a.m. Oct. 16 via an email from the Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management (OPS). According to the email, the Ithaca Police Department (IPD) is investigating the burglary with support from the OPS. It was reported that someone broke into the building, which is located on The Commons, stole a television and fell asleep in the building. The suspect is unknown and fled the scene after being found by an employee at the college.

“The suspect is described as a black male with a thin beard, 5’7” to 5’9”, in his 40s, wearing camouflage pants, a white t-shirt, black combat-style boots, and a black kitchen apron at the time of the incident,” the email said. 

In the email, the OPS said anyone with information should contact the IPD at 607-272-3245 or the OPS at 607-274-3333. The OPS also encouraged the campus community to take their own precautions against potential burglary, including storing valuable items in a secure area, locking all doors and reporting anything suspicious to the OPS or the IPD.

$1495
$2000