$1520
$2000

$1520
$2000

Communications school faculty to discuss no confidence vote

Faculty members in the Roy H. Park School of Communications will meet at noon Nov. 3 in the Park Hall Auditorium to discuss a potential no confidence vote in President Tom Rochon and the ongoing race-related issues on campus.

The Park School Faculty Steering Committee called the meeting in response to the campuswide discussions taking place and other schools having similar meetings, said Scott Hamula, associate professor and chair of the committee. He said one subject to be discussed in the meeting is the potential no confidence vote, but he said it will be an open discussion for faculty to get information about the ongoing issues on campus.

“Not all the faculty have followed or maybe even had access to all the information and discussions, especially the discussions that have been going on,” Hamula said.

Hamula said he wouldn’t speculate on what the outcome of the meeting might be.

The School of Humanities and Sciences Faculty Senate hosted a similar all-faculty meeting Oct. 29, which ended in a majority of faculty members in attendance recommending Faculty Council hold a no confidence vote.

$1520
$2000