$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Cornell student arrested and charged with rape in first degree

The Ithaca Police Department along with Cornell University Police have arrested Peter Mesko, 22, a Cornell senior, and charged him with rape in the first degree, according to an IPD press release.

According to the press release, on Saturday the IPD received a complaint from a female subject that said an unknown person entered her bedroom when she was asleep and engaged in sexual intercourse without her knowledge or consent. After an extensive investigation, Mesko was taken into custody without incident at his residence at 210 University Ave., according to the press release.

John Carberry, director of press relations at Cornell, said the university “will not comment on an active investigation.”

Rape in the first degree is a Class B felony. Mesko was arraigned on the charge in Ithaca City Court and subsequently remanded to the Tompkins County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or a $10,000 bail bond.

Mesko is due to be back in Ithaca City Court on Friday for additional proceedings.

Check back later for more updates to this story.

$1375
$2000