$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

County health department offers vaccine clinic for monkeypox

Amanda den Hartog/The Ithacan

The Tompkins County Health Department (TCHD) is holding a monkeypox vaccination clinic from 1 to 4 p.m. Sept. 22. 

The clinic will be held at TCHD and first and second doses of the vaccination will be offered. Appointments are required and individuals can register online for an appointment or call 1-877-211-8667. 

The vaccine is free and available for any members of the community who meet the high risk criteria as determined by the New York State Department of Health. As of Sept. 21, there have been three reported cases of monkeypox in Tompkins County.

The clinic will offer JYNNEOS, a vaccine licensed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as a two-dose series for the prevention of monkeypox for individuals ages 18 years and older. The vaccine may reduce the likelihood of infection if it is given before exposure or within four days of exposure and may reduce the severity of symptoms if it is given within 14 days of exposure. The doses are given four weeks apart from each other. Individuals who receive the two doses are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose. 

$1495
$2000