$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

ITHACA THIS WEEKEND: Oct. 11-13

Top news of the day

The stories you should check out

1. The student organization, “She’s the First,” hosted a film screening of one chapter of the film “Girl Rising,” at 8 p.m. Thursday. After the screening, the group discussed barriers to girls’ education and International Day of the Girl, which is today. Check Latest Headlines later today for the full story.

2. This weekend is Alumni Weekend at Ithaca College. The weekend will include events for all alumni, such as the Blue and Gold Appreciation Gala and a chance for the senior class to network with alumni. The weekend will also include reunions for specific classes, but all alumni are encouraged to attend. Click here for the full list of events.

3. Occupy Monsanto will hold a worldwide March Against Monsanto, an international producer of genetically modified foods, on Saturday. The protest comes as a celebration of world food day, which is Oct. 16. Ithaca residents will join the movement and protest against Monsanto at 2 p.m. Saturday on Route 13. For more information on the event, click here.

What’s happening this weekend

The events you won’t want to miss

1. Alumnus David Thalberg ’87 will give a presentation on what to consider before choosing a career in public relations. He will speak at 4 p.m. Friday in Park Auditorium.

2. The Habidash, Habitat for Humanity’s 5K run, will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday at Yavits Field. Registration is $15, and proceeds go to IC Habitat for Humanity.

3. The Shawn Greenwood Working Group will hold a teach-in on Trayvon Martin at 6 p.m. Friday at the Greater Ithaca Activities Center. Check back in Latest Headlines for the full story on Saturday.

Sports Preview

Go cheer on the Bombers this weekend

1. The Bombers football team will play the Alfred University Saxons at 1 p.m. Saturday at Butterfield Stadium.

2. The women’s tennis team will compete in the New York State Division III Women’s Tennis Championships beginning at 10 a.m. Friday on the Wheeler Tennis Courts in Glazer Arena.

3. The men’s soccer team will take on the Elmira College Soaring Eagles at 1 p.m. Saturday on Carp Wood Field.  

$1375
$2000