$1275
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Monday, Dec. 2

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Ithaca College chapter of Active Minds is collaborating with IC We Are One, a student organization that promotes self-positivity and anti-bullying, to hold De-Stress Fest at 7:30 p.m. on the second floor of Friends Hall. The activities will include petting puppies with Guiding Eyes for the Blind, meditating with the IC Buddhist community and playing video games with the Gamer Symphony Orchestra.

2. IC Physical Therapy Club is sponsoring the Regenerative Medicine Speaker Series, which will begin at 6 p.m. in Williams Hall 225.

3. The percussion ensemble will perform at 8:15 p.m. in Ford Hall under the direction of Gordon Stout, professor of performance studies in the James J. Whalen School of Music.

The Month in Review
Top stories of November

1. Managing Editor Allie Healy gives a first-person analysis of what it is like to be a SWUG, or a Senior Washed-Up Girl.

2. Ithaca College confirmed Nov. 19 that it is not considering canceling the Cortaca Jug game, one day after a report Nov. 18 indicated that SUNY Cortland president Erik Bitterbaum and Ithaca College president Tom Rochon discussed cancelling next year’s game.

3. Tucked away inside the bottom lip of nine runners, the ICXC tattoo is one of the newest traditions for the women’s cross-country team. This tattoo is only visible when one of the members of the team pulls down her bottom lip. Also, unlike most tattoos, it fades in about seven years because of acids in the mouth and rubbing that occurs while eating.

4. More than 60 Ithaca College students gathered at the Towers Concourse Lounge for the weekly Open Mic Night on Nov. 6, a day after the administration announced a decision to close down the lounge to accommodate offices beginning in the 2014–15 academic year. The college wants to close the lounge to create space for the Physical Therapy Center, which will move from Rochester to the Ithaca campus during the summer of 2014.

5. A recent study found that Ithaca College students are among top colleges in the nation with a hunger for late-night food. Out of 350 colleges, the college ranks fourth for late-night food ordering via GrubHub. The same study found that college students are 87 percent more likely to order late-night food than any other consumer.

$1275
$2000