$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Monday, Dec. 9

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. Active Minds is raising funds selling Insomnia Cookies today only. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to support “The Mirror,” a literary magazine that sheds light on the various forms of mental health. All funds will go toward covering printing costs of “The Mirror.”

2. Divest IC will hold an open mic night at 7 p.m. in IC Square to help raise awareness about its divestment at Ithaca College. The mic night is co-sponsored by Artist 4 Artist, Active Minds, Ithaca College Environmental Society, IC Organic Growers and Feminists United.

3. The Intergenerational Choir will perform under the direction of Emily Mason, assistant professor of music education, at 7 p.m. in the Hockett Recital Hall.

4. The African-Latino Society will host a holiday social, including cookie decorating and celebrating the holidays, at 8 p.m. in Clark Lounge in the Campus Center.

This Week in Ithaca College History
What was The Ithacan reporting 12 years ago?

During the week of Dec. 12, 2001, The Ithacan ran a front-page story about Ithaca College’s experiences with Greek life. The college has not recognized official Greek organizations since 1980, when a student died during fraternity hazing. Ithaca College students can opt to join Greek systems at Cornell University, however, some students decide not to join because those who don’t have cars have a hard time getting to Cornell. The article discusses challenges the unofficial fraternities and sororities at the college face, like not having official houses. It also said the unofficial Greek organizations are not allowed to advertise on campus.

Ithacan Birthdays
Editor in chief Megan Devlin turns 22 today.

$1495
$2000