What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss
1. Career Services is sponsoring a Peace Corps information session at 4 p.m. in Muller 101.
2. The Center for the Study of Culture, Race and Ethnicity will hold a Faculty-Student Workshop at 7 p.m. in the Clark Lounge in the Campus Center. This workshop will replace the discussion with Christopher House, which was cancelled.
3. Father George Coyne, McDevitt chair at Le Moyne College, will give a presentation on science and religion at 7 p.m. in Sage Chapel at Cornell University.
Top news of the day
The stories you should check out
1. In honor of Veterans Day, the James J. Whalen School of Music held its 11th annual Veterans Day Celebration on Nov. 7 in Ford Hall. The celebration included performances by the Ithaca Brass and IC VoICes. Check Latest Headlines for the full story.
2. While working at The Windsor 75 restaurant during the summer, sophomore Katie Beaule appeared on the Food Network show “Restaurant Impossible.” The episode, in which chef Robert Irvine attempted to improve The Windsor 75, premiered last week on the Food Network. To read about Beaule’s experience being on the show, check Latest Headlines.
3. Active Minds held a Turkey Egg Hunt on Nov. 9 in Williams Hall. Contestants competed in a Thanksgiving-themed scavenger hunt to help raise funds for mental health awareness. Check Latest Headlines for the full story.
Video of the Week
The Ithacan’s best video this week
Take an inside look at the women’s cross-country team’s tradition of getting an “ICXC” lip tattoo.