$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Sept. 23

Top news of the day
The stories you should check out

1. Food for Thought held its 7th annual Walk for Plumpy’nut on Saturday in Cass Park. The walk helped the campus organization raise money for Concern Worldwide to purchase Plumpy’nut, a nutritional supplement given to malnourished children in Ethiopia.

2. Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food and Water Watch will speak Tuesday at Ithaca’s First Baptist Church and at Cornell University. Hauter will discuss her book, “Foodopoly: The Battle over the Future of Food and Farming in America,” which looks at corporate control of the food system and the use of genetically engineered crops in farming. Jonathan Latham of the Bioscience Resource Center spoke on 92 WICB about genetically engineered crops.

3. The Office of the Provost is now accepting recommendations for honorary degrees, which are degrees given to honor contributions made to the college. Nominations must be submitted in writing and must explain why the nominee deserves an honorary degree. Nominees are expected to have a record of achievement and public service, and have provided a service to either society or the college.

What’s happening today
The events you won’t want to miss

1. Michael Smith, associate professor of history, will give a presentation on “Building Community Through ‘EduTourism’ in Nicaragua,” at 4 p.m. in Center for Natural Sciences 112. Check back tomorrow for our coverage of the presentation.

2. The semester’s first After Dinner Mint concert will be held at 7 p.m. in the Hockett Family Recital Hall. The concert, “Gypsy in Me,” will feature an interpretation of the Gypsy soundscape performed by a group of faculty from the Whalen School of Music.

3. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology will hold an opening for its new art exhibition, “Marsh Madness: Wonders of Wetlands,” at 7:30 p.m. The exhibit features paintings and photographs highlighting the wetlands of upstate New York and the Adirondacks.

Talk to us
We want to know about you

We’re writing a story about how much caffeine college students consume. Take our survey to help us figure out how much caffeine Ithaca College consumes.

$1495
$2000