$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Tuesday, Nov. 19

What’s happening today
Today’s top news and events

1. The Office of Career Services is holding a workshop to inform students about the new IC Mentoring Network on LinkedIn. The workshop will be at 4 p.m. in Muller 101.

2. The Ithaca College spoken-word group “Spit That!” will host a talent show at 7 p.m. in Emerson Suites. Performers are asked to pay a contribution of $2 per person, and attendees are asked to make a donation of $3. Any student who wants to perform should contact [email protected].

3. There will be a screening of “Autism: The Musical” at 7 p.m. in Textor 101. The film follows five children who are on the autism spectrum. It was filmed over the course of six months and follows the children as they write and rehearse for an original stage production.

4. Students in the Episodes in Art History class will reenact the Exposition Universelle de Paris of 1889 — the 1889 Paris World Fair — from 10:50 a.m. to 12:05 p.m. and from 1:10–2:25 p.m. in the Handwerker Gallery. Students will play Van Gogh and other Impressionist painters.

5. The Ithaca College chapter of Colleges Against Cancer is holding the Great American Smoke-Out Week to inform the campus community of the harmful effects of smoking. The group will be tabling in the Academic Quad from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. today through Thursday.

This Week in Ithaca College History
What was The Ithacan reporting 45 years ago?

During the week of Nov. 22, 1968, The Ithacan ran a front-page article about a state aid law that financially rewarded private colleges for their graduating classes. Under this 1968 law, the college would receive $400 for each student graduating with a Bachelor of Arts or Master of Arts degree and $2,400 for a student with a doctor’s degree. To receive this compensation, the college had to apply and submit reports to the state education commissioner.

$1375
$2000