$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Tuesday, Oct. 8

Top news of the day

The stories you should check out

1. Michelle Kortenaar, director of education for the Sciencenter, a hands-on science museum, spoke at the Sustainability Cafe yesterday. Her presentation, titled, “Educating and Empowering Families to Use Science in Shaping a Sustainable Future,” was at 4 p.m. in Center for Natural Sciences 112. Read about the presentation later today in Latest Headlines.

2. Storytellers from the Beehive Design Collective will be on campus today to talk about how the organization is sharing diverse stories of community development and collective action in Central America. The program will begin at 7 p.m. in Textor 102. For more information, check out the Beehive website, or take a look at our Q-and-A with two members of the Beehive Design Collective.

3. Alum Michael Carey ’67, who graduated as a history major, will speak to students at 12:05 p.m. in Friends 309 about his post-college career. Currently, Carey works for the Anchorage Daily News as a columnist, and his work has appeared in The New York Times and other major publications. His presentation is called “Of Dogs and Murder: Studying History, Practicing Journalism.”

What’s happening today

The events you won’t want to miss

1. The college chapter of the American Marketing Association is holding an event called “Marketing in Architecture” at noon in Park Center for Business and Sustainable Enterprise 103. The event is an opportunity for students who are interested in marketing and architecture to learn more about those industries.

2. Feminist philosopher Judith Butler is giving a public lecture, titled “Plural Action,” at 4:30 p.m. in Goldwin Smith Hall at Cornell University.

This Week in Ithaca College History

What was The Ithacan reporting 40 years ago?

During the week of Oct. 11, 1973, The Ithacan reported that Chief Minority Counsel Fred D. Thompson of the Senate Watergate Committee spoke at Ford Hall and defended the committee’s actions during Watergate. Watergate was a political scandal that occurred during the Nixon administration in 1972 and ultimately led to President Nixon’s resignation from office.

$1495
$2000