$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

ITHACA TODAY: Wednesday, Nov. 6

What’s happening today

The events you won’t want to miss

1. The Office of Career Services and the exploratory program will co-host a Majors and Minors Fair at 4 p.m. today in Emerson Suites. The fair will give students a chance to speak with faculty representatives from every major and minor at the college.

2. The Center for LGBT Education, Outreach and Services is screening “Key West, City of Colors,” a film about the 25th anniversary of the original rainbow flag. The screening is at 7 p.m. in Textor 101.

3. IC Book Club will meet to discuss this month’s book, “The Book Thief,” by Markus Zusak, at 8 p.m. in Williams 218.

Top news of the day

The stories you should check out

1. New members of the Ithaca Common Council were named in yesterday’s elections. Recently elected members include George McGonigal in the First Ward and Josephine Martell in the Fifth Ward. The Common Council is made up of 10 members who assist the mayor’s office in passing legislation in the city. All positions on the Common Council were unopposed.

2. The Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce received a strategic tourism grant from the county tourism program to develop an interpretive signage system for pedestrians, bikers and automobile drivers. The new plan will help build the Tompkins County brand and direct visitors to the county’s top attractions.

3. 92 WICB won two first-place awards in the College Broadcasters, Inc. National Student Production Awards convention Oct. 31 to Nov. 2 in San Antonio. The station’s coverage of the Ithaca vs. Hartwick football game in Fall 2012 won first place in the Best Sports Play-By-Play category. A segment of WICB’s weekly news magazine, “Ithaca Now,” won first place in the Best News Reporting category. The package was titled “Youth Rock the Vote: Election 2012 Recap.”

Section Spotlight

Multimedia

Hidden talents of Ithaca College: Senior John Callahan has a knack for cooking. Watch as he serves up steak, green beans, mashed potatoes and mushrooms while he talks about how his passion for cooking has grown.

$1495
$2000