$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Live-blog: Ithaca College holds meeting addressing racism

President+Tom+Rochon+speaks+at+the+Blue+Sky+Reimagining+Kick-off+event+Oct.+8+
Tommy Battistelli/The Ithacan
President Tom Rochon speaks at the Blue Sky Reimagining Kick-off event Oct. 8

Following rallies about the racial climate on campus, Ithaca College will hold an event titled “Addressing Community Action on Racism and Cultural Bias,” which aims to list possible actions about this issue that could be undertaken immediately.

The event will be held at 5 p.m. Oct. 27 in the Athletics and Events Center. The college’s administration announced the event Oct. 23, in conjunction with the leadership of Faculty Council, Staff Council and the Student Government Association.

“The purpose of this meeting will be to list a set of actions that we are identifying as first steps to be undertaken immediately,” the announcement said. “We will seek the feedback of those present on our list of actions as well as on additional actions directed at creating a more inclusive community that values diversity in an environment of mutual respect and inclusion.”

The Ithacan will be live-blogging the event, check back here at 5 p.m. to read the live-blog.

$1495
$2000