$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Mayor Myrick re-elected, IC associate dean elected to 3rd Ward

Svante Myrick was re-elected Mayor of the City of Ithaca and Rob Gearhart, interim associate dean of the Roy H. Park School of Communications, was elected alderperson in Ithaca’s 3rd Ward Nov. 3.  

Myrick, a Democrat, won with 89 percent of the vote, 2,115 votes total. Phoebe Brown, a local activist, ran a write-in campaign. The write-in line received a total of 268 votes. Myrick was first elected in 2012 as Ithaca’s youngest mayor at 24 years old and the city’s first mayor of color.

Gearhart, also a Democrat, ran unopposed for the position of alderperson in the 3rd Ward. He was voted into the position with 195 out of 201 votes.

George McGonigal won the position of alderperson in the 1st Ward with 439 votes, against James Lukasavage of the Ithaca New Cynics Party, who earned 64 votes.

Democrats Ducson Nguyen, Josephine E.M. Martell and Stephen J. Smith were also elected as alderpersons.

Independent Anna Kelles, was elected as the 2nd District county legislator over Democrat Nate Shinagawa, with 503 votes compared to Shinagawa’s 388.  

Shinagawa ran against Rep. Tom Reed for a seat in Congress in 2012.

Despite being nominated by the local Democratic Party, Elie Kirshner, a Cornell University sophomore, lost to write-in candidate Rich John for the position of 4th District county legislator. There was a total of 118 write-in votes, while Kirshner earned 91 votes.

William Goodman was elected as the Ithaca town supervisor with 1,001 votes.

Three new council people were elected for the Town of Ithaca. Only three candidates ran for the positions: Pamela Bleiwas, Eric Levine and Rod How.

$1495
$2000