$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Nation and World News April 6

GUILLERMO ARRIAS/ AFP VIA GETTY IMAGES/TNS
Migrants stand near an improvised altar outside the immigration detention center where 38 migrants died during a fire in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua state, Mexico on March 29. Mexico’s president vowed “no impunity” for those found responsible.

Police identifies an ex-student as the Nashville school shooter

Police identified the assailant who shot and killed three children and three adults at a Christian elementary school in Nashville, Tennessee, March 26. Audrey Hale, who was killed by police, was a 28-year-old white Nashville resident who identified as transgender, authorities said. Hale is believed to be a former student at the Covenant School, Metro Nashville Police said. The shooter had two assault-type rifles and at least one pistol, police spokesperson Don Aaron said at a briefing. Hale entered the school through a side entrance and traversed the first and second floors of the building.

Astronomers discover black hole 33 billion times the mass of sun

An ultramassive black hole around 33 billion times the mass of the sun has been discovered by astronomers in Britain. Scientists from Durham University said the gargantuan black hole is one of the biggest ever found. Ultramassive black holes are the most massive objects in the universe, at between 10 billion and 40 billion times the mass of the sun. Astronomers believe they can be found at the center of all large galaxies like the Milky Way.

Finland becomes 31st member of NATO after Turkey approves

Turkey’s parliament voted to approve Finland’s membership in NATO, removing the final obstacle to the accession of Russia’s Nordic neighbor into the defense alliance as its 31st member. Lawmakers in Ankara unanimously voted on March 30 to ratify Finland’s entry into the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the last of current members to approve the expansion after the Hungarian parliament on Monday also backed the move.

Trump indicted, is now the first ex president with criminal charges

Donald Trump was indicted March 30 by a Manhattan grand jury in the Stormy Daniels hush money probe, an unprecedented legal move marking the first criminal charges in U.S. history brought against a former president, The New York Daily News has learned. Trump lawyer Joe Tacopina confirmed the indictment to the Daily News shortly after Trump learned of it. The papers were filed under seal at the clerk’s office in Manhattan Supreme Court at about 5:30 p.m., a court source told the Daily News.

Powerful spring storm causes thunderstorms across the US

A powerful spring storm system that whipped up deadly tornadoes over the Southern and Midwestern U.S. brought severe thunderstorms and wind gusts to parts of the East Coast late April 1, including to New York City. The storm moved east after unleashing hail, heavy wind and tornadoes from Mississippi to Wisconsin, leaving at least 18 people dead, according to Associated Press.

$1495
$2000