$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Student Governance Council president resigns prior to meeting

Abby Brady/The Ithacan
From left, junior Austin Ruffino, senate chair for the SGC; junior Deontae Guy, president of the SGC; and senior Maxwell Powers, vice president of business and finance; discussed platform presentations at the SGC’s Sept. 20 meeting. Guy will be resigning from his position as president of the Student Governance Council effective Nov. 29. 

Junior Deontae Guy will be resigning from his position as president of the Student Governance Council effective Nov. 29. 

At the Nov. 15 meeting, junior Austin Ruffino, senate chair for the SGC, said that Guy had handed in his letter of resignation Nov. 15. 

“We will spend the next couple of weeks working on a transition plan,” Ruffino said. 

The executive board of the SGC submitted a statement to The Ithacan following the meeting. 

“Student Governance Council (SGC) is the sole representative body for the Ithaca College student community and works to implement change on campus and improve student life,” the statement said. “In light of the resignation of our student body president effective Nov. 29th, SGC wants to reaffirm our commitment to these goals to improve the Ithaca College community.”

The statement was signed by senior Leticia Guibunda, vice president of campus affairs; senior Carlos Abreu, vice president of academic affairs; senior Maxwell Powers, vice president of business and finance; sophomore James Zampetti, vice president of communications; junior Kalena Yearwood, student trustee; junior Esther Moore, Residence Hall Association designee; and Ruffino.

Guy has declined to comment and reiterated the statement released by the SGC.

$1495
$2000