$1495
$2000

$1495
$2000

Students must be vaccinated to return to campus for Fall 2021

Athina Sonitis/The Ithacan
At around 10:30 p.m. the night of Monday, Feb. 21, an Ithaca College student was struck twice by airsoft pellets.

Ithaca College President Shirley M. Collado announced in an email to the campus community April 7 that students will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to return to campus for Fall 2021.

The college plans to be fully open for Fall 2021 and Collado said requiring vaccinations will aid in reducing the risk of infection on campus as well as returning to a sense of normalcy. Religious and medical exemptions for the vaccine will be accommodated. 

Collado said students should also expect a majority of their classes to be in person and classes will not be offered in the hybrid format. A limited amount of classes will be offered completely online.

The academic calendar for the 2021–22 year has also been released. Classes for Fall 2021 begin Aug. 23 and the semester ends Dec. 15. Fall Break will be held from Oct. 14–15 and Thanksgiving Break is from Nov. 20–28. Spring 2022 will also include a Spring Break from March 12–20. There was no Fall Break in Fall 2020 and there is no Spring Break in Spring 2021, but there are wellness days throughout the semester.

On-campus activities for the 2021–22 academic year will also transition to be held in person rather than online. Some of these activities include events for freshmen, student club and organization events, and LGBTQ+ education and outreach. Collado also said that athletics will also be re-engaging with the Liberty League and NCAA competitions. Student support services, including those offered by the Office of the Registrar; Financial Aid; Counseling, Health, and Wellness; Case Management; and Religious and Spiritual Life, will be offered in person and online to accommodate student preferences.

$1495
$2000