$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Water pipe breaks at Ithaca College’s Campus Center building

Tommy Battistelli/The Ithacan
The Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management responds to a broke water pipe at Ithaca College’s Campus Center building at around 11 a.m. Feb. 15.

The Ithaca College Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management confirmed a water pipe broke at the Campus Center building Feb. 15.

Occupants of the building were evacuated at around 11 a.m. for approximately a half an hour, bystanders said. A Sodexo employee said the sprinklers were triggered in the Campus Center Dining Hall after the building’s alarms went off. Sections of the dining hall are closed off due to water from the sprinklers.

A section of Campus Center Dining Hall was closed off due to water from triggered sprinklers. Natasha Curran/The Ithacan

Eric Nichols, director for facilities services, said the pipes broke because they were too cold, and rumors that turning off the heat in the building caused the incident were untrue.

He said the issue was resolved by the early afternoon, and he worked quickly to handle the situation in collaboration with Sodexo and Public Safety.

Contributing Writer Natasha Curran and Staff Writer Daniel Hart contributed reporting to this article.

$1375
$2000