$1375
$2000

$1375
$2000

Baseball team wins two out of three in weekend series

The Ithaca College baseball team won two out of three games in a weekend series against Stevens Institute of Technology on April 2–3 in Hoboken, New Jersey. The teams split the two games on Saturday, as the Bombers lost the first game 9–3 but rebounded to defeat the Ducks 13–4. The Bombers won the rubber game in extra innings 4–3 and are now 9–9 overall on the season.

In the first game of the series, pitching dominated a majority of the matchup as the teams were tied at three runs apiece heading into the sixth inning. Stevens then blasted its way to six more runs on the power of three home runs before finishing out the game without allowing another run.

The Bombers were limited to four hits in the game, but three separate players recorded runs batted in. Graduate student Zach Cole and freshman Webb Little each went 1–3 on the day while knocking in one run a piece.

Sophomore starter Tyler Hill struggled on the day, as he went 5.2 innings while giving up nine hits, nine runs and striking out two.

The Bombers’ offense found their groove in the second game of the series as the team got things started quickly in the first with a home run from junior Ryan Dougherty. Seven Bombers managed to record a hit, while five players finished with at least two hits. Dougherty went 3–5 while scoring two runs, and freshman Sam Little also went 3–5 with a three-run home run and drove in three runs.

After Sam Little’s home run in the eighth, the team went on to score three more runs by a home run from freshman Jake Generali and a double from junior Trevor Thompson.

Thompson went 1–4 and finished the game with one RBI and one walk. Freshman Andrew Bailey led the Bombers in RBIs for the day, as he finished with four while going 2–5. Senior starter Benji Parkes threw a complete game for the Bombers while only giving up four runs and striking out six.

Pitching once again dominated the day during the third game of the series. Senior starter Brandon Diorio went five innings while allowing only two runs. Graduate-student reliever Ryan Contegni took over after Diorio and finished out the game, pitching the final five innings. Contegni only allowed one run on four hits.

Webb Little had another solid game, as he went 3–5 with one run scored. Junior second baseman Josh Savacool and Thompson each collected a hit, while Savacool drove in two runs. Freshman Matt Carey and junior Ryan Henchey also collected two hits while each driving in one run.

The Blue and Gold will look to build on the series win as they return home at Freeman Field to take on Elmira College in a double header at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. April 6.

$1375
$2000